T over a V……………Tygart Valley Glass Company, Grafton, West Virginia (1895-1928) and Washington, Pennsylvania (1928-1959). A maker of many types of generic packer jars and bottles. Their mark underwent some subtle changes over the years, and the last variant, which closely resembles a narrow inverted triangle,(with the downward-pointing serifs of the “T” crossbar almost, but not quite, touching the upper portions of the “V”) , was evidently used from about 1940 to 1959. On earlier items the mark is reported (by Toulouse) to have had a somewhat wider “V”. Tygart Valley was purchased by Brockway Glass Company in 1959.